Powered By Blogger

Saturday 15 August 2015

Earnings Season - Portfolio Update

Hi all, it's been a week since I last blogged as I was away on holiday in HK and what a hot holiday it was as the temperatures there just were sky high.

Nonetheless, as I was in HK I still kept a close watch on the markets in general. It was earnings reporting season for a host of companies in Singapore, which included names like Comfortdelgro, Singtel, Sembcorp Industries, Jardine Matheson Holdings. Of these names all reported solid earnings except Jardine which saw a firm-wide knock on the profits of its businesses.

I would be expecting a bumper crop of dividends for Sept of around $500 plus in which they will be entirely reinvested in their existing holdings.

What we also saw recently was a massive sell-down of many stocks mainly due to flowover concerns from China's recent devaluation of its RMB, not once but twice. This leaves many of the prices of the companies within my portfolio at rather attractive levels. I may consider either adding unto my REIT positions (ie. Capitaland Mall Trust and Mapletree Commercial Trust) or adding unto a postion to Comfortdelgro, Singtel or Sembcorp Industries. I am still undecided at the moment but will commit the funds later this month.

Meanwhile, it's more studies on my CFA Level 2 and just monitoring the market dynamics in general. Will update again when I further consolidate my portfolio with new additions to my existing holdings + reinvestment of the incoming dividends.

Signing Off
Transitioning Stock Investor

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul

    That's cool. Did you just start your CFA or have it been some time already.

    I used to study for them too but am too distracted right now with family, work and stuff. Impressive that you keep on going ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cleared Level 1 in 2008 when I just started working. I had wanted to carry on but i took a break due to health issues (got so stressed from studying it that i was hospitalised, lol that was how bad it was). Now resuming it and just wanting to complete what I set out to do and it is also very relevant for the work that I am doing now. You should try and complete it too, its always a case of how much you want it and anything is possible once you set your mind to it :)

    ReplyDelete