Powered By Blogger

Sunday 2 August 2015

Passive Income Stream - A Way of Life

This is I'm sure one of the main objectives of being a full time investor, to have a passive income stream to support your lifestyle.

Most of us folks have a day-job and I find it really important to have a focus when we are generating this income. As I grow older and more mature, it has become more apparent that one of the main reasons why I'm working other than enjoying what I am doing is to ensure that the income that I'm generating from work is re-channelled into passive income sources. These sources can be either one of these 3 or a combination of them: Business, Property, Investments. I'm currently pretty happy with my career in fund research so I plan to carry on with my day job. How I plan to enhance the goose (my job) is to further my studies. I have taken a pretty long hiatus with my CFA studies and I recently decided to resume the level 2 exam after a pretty long interval.

In terms of property, I currently am both not extremely versed nor excited by property investments. I probably will just stick to upgrading to a bigger place at the end of the year and that should be it. The smaller the mortgage, the more comfortable I will be.

This leaves me with my passion, my drive, which are stock investments. Nothing beats the thrill of seeing your portfolio doing well and growing over time. The feeling of anticipation as I reinvest the dividends declared by the companies and the constant deployment and redeployment of resources really brings me an extreme sense of satisfaction that is really hard to describe. This is more than increasing monetary resources, this is increasingly becoming a way of life for me. Remember, it is never too later or too small to start building your portfolio. It took me around a year to build my portfolio from nill to where it is today at c. S$72,000. My next aim is to hit $100,000 portfolio value and when that happens, some portfolio rebalancing might occur. But at the moment, am loving the way it looks and am looking forward to the dividend windfall of around $500 plus for the month of Aug.

Will do a short writeup and update on the dividends that will be received this month in due course. For the moment I sincerely hope this has inspired you to start or to carry on your great job of building passive income! Remember, enjoy what you do and the results will always surprise you

Signing Off for this weekend
Transitioning Stock Investor


3 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, we have the same goal. looking forward to see your portfolio grow. I do track my progress on my blog and it is a good way to determine your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that! Keep the great work up! Hope to hear more from you

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first $100,000 tends to feel like it takes a few years. But thereafter, it starts to multiply at much faster rate, and then $1,000,000 doesn't look so out of reach after all. Keep it up! Best success.

    ReplyDelete