Powered By Blogger

Sunday 5 July 2015

Thoughts on the Market - with an Iced Milo Dinosaur on hand

Arrr, sipping on my iced milo dinosaur, I've decided to write this post casually and share my thoughts on the market. As I'm enjoying the Sunday break of course.

What do we have this week? Firstly, is the Greek referendum. Let's see how markets react to the decision tonight but my guess is the impact shouldn't be too much as most of this news should have been priced in.

The China stock market continues to unravel itself and its still a black box on how the market will continue to behave this week. I expect more continued volatility.

In terms of the local stock market, it's been pretty quiet and I think with the lack of much catalysts like earnings announcements and such, probably a lacklustre market environment should remain for the near term.

What's important as I realised is probably to take a break from the stress and obsession from monitoring your portfolio and to just take a break and relax. Enjoy life abit, forget about dividends, earnings, profits for the time being. Just soak in life and enjoy life's simplest pleasures, like an iced Milo dinosaur over the weekend. A break well-deserved which is good for the long term, as remember investing is an enjoyable marathon and never a sprint.

Signing off 
Transitioning Stock Investor

No comments:

Post a Comment