Powered By Blogger

Monday 13 July 2015

Market Catalysts and Quick Portfolio Update

Looking at the current market today, there will be some short term catalysts that will be of interest.

Firstly, it has just been confirmed that an agreement has just been reached on a Greek bailout plan. This deal when voted into the Greek government will hopefully keep Greece in the Euro and Grexit will not occur. In fact, it further shows the solidarity of the Euro and keeps the other countries that went through austerity (ie Spain, Portugal, etc) happy. I see this as a positive catalyst.

In the Chinese stock market, I see a longer term systematic issue. Nevertheless, the recent moves by the Chinese government to steady the ship and prop the market up has went some way to steady the market. To me, in the long term the Chinese investor needs to learn from past lessons, but at least for now things look better than a few weeks ago. I similarly see this as a positive situation.

In terms of the local stock market, a slew of companies are poised to announce earnings with the next month. All of the stocks in my current portfolio are slated to announce earnings during this time period. I attach a nice screenshot of the positive price action today:
Watchlist of My Current Stock Portfolio (Source: sgx.com)
I await better results especially from the less performing companies: Sembcorp Industries and Jardine Matheson. I hope that my trust in these companies will pay off in terms of better earnings numbers.
I continue to be fairly confident in the earnings of the core companies in my portfolio: Singtel, OCBC, ComfortDelgro and Raffles Medical. I similarly expect the REITS in my portfolio to continue their good performance: Capitamall Trust and Mapletree Commercial Trust.

I will be taking a break from adding to positions in the current month as I continue to build my warchest. I recently sold a holding of Raffles Medical (at a profit of c.S$700) to fund a watch purchase. Oh well, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy, but I definitely look to lessen such activities moving forward.

The markets do look very interesting now and some of the positions in my portfolio looking prime for adding, especially Singtel, ComfortDelgro and Raffles Medical. Will closely monitor these positions and update accordingly when I make stock additions. As of now, I relaxingly sit back and let the portfolio recover and continue to churn out its dividends.

Signing Off
Transitioning Stock Investor

No comments:

Post a Comment