Powered By Blogger

Saturday 5 September 2015

Closer look at Singtel

As I hold unto my breath and small cache of investable funds, I am busily planning the next strategic move for my portfolio.

Singtel was not on my immediate radar as the price did not initially drop as much as it did in recent weeks. However, the price has fallen to around S$3.69 which makes it a pretty good level below my average cost of $3.97 for this counter. Additionally, the dividend yield has now picked up to a decent yield of around 3.7%p.a.

I still favour its major share of the Singapore telco market and the fact that most of its financial ratios (especially solvency related ones) remain one of the more robust vs its telco peers in the Singapore market. What I also find encouraging is its diverse spread of businesses and not being over reliant in individual countries like China or India. Most of us still are heavily reliant on their services and I see increased value in adding on positions in this company given the overall challenging environment ahead whereby telcos should still remain relatively unscathed.

Again, nothing overly fanciful. Just adding unto quality positions as and when opportunities arise.

Singtel Holdings Update:
# Current Holdings: 3,000 shares. Looking to add 1,000 more in Sept. To be updated.

What do you feel about Singtel at its current price? Glad to hear more from you!

Signing Off
Transitioning Stock Investor

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    For me, SingTel definitely have the investment moats, in terms of subscribers and network effect. But whether it reaches the point of valuation attractive enough for investors is another ball altogether. Just my views.

    Regards,
    Gerald
    www.sgwealthbuilder.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Gerald, I agree with your comments too. Which is why I have been monitoring the position very closely and have yet to add unto this position. Let's see how the price goes from here.
    Keep those comments coming in!

    ReplyDelete