Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 May 2015

Stock Portfolio

After my short introductory post, I would like to share my current stock portfolio as a baseline to work with.

Below, is the snap shot of my stock portfolio positions as of today, 24 May 2015.


Stock Name Percentage Amount Holdings
Singtel 12% $8,560 2 lots
ComfortDelgro 17% $11,960 4 lots
CapitaMall Trust 10% $6,600 3 lots
Mapletree Comm.
Trust
5% $3,123 2 lots
Sembcorp Industries 12% $8,400 2 lots
OCBC Bank 31% $21,134 2 lots
Raffles Medical 13% $8,735 2 lots
Total 100% $68,512

This is how it looks like in a pie chart


Below, is the snap shot of the industry exposures of my stock positions as of today, 24 May 2015.

Industry
Telecommunication 12%
Transport 17%
REIT 14%
Industrial 12%
Finance 31%
Healthcare 13%
Total 100%


I am a strong advocate of Benjamin Graham and his views on value investing and I try to apply his principles as much as I can in my stock investing. 

You may observe that my portfolio is rather focussed and does not have many different holdings. To me, 7 - 10 stocks represents the optimal number to hold as it allows me to study each company in detail and really understand each business that I'm investing in. This number might increase probably as my investable amount increases over time, but I'm most comfortable with the 7 stocks for now.

Also, for the 7 stocks that I hold, I have spent considerable amounts of time, research and analysis on each individual name and their respective business. It ranges from various valuation metrics (EV/EBITA, P/E, P/B, DDM, etc) to the usage of Porter's 5 forces to evaluate each individual company. So each stock which I hold and eventually choose to add, stems from hours and hours of prior research before. Of course, it cannot guarantee that a handsome profit will always be made, but it gives me confidence that my portfolio is something that I can hold for the long-term and the likelihood of me deriving good profits and dividends will grow over a sustainable period of time. 

Remember, I choose to invest and not speculate. So I will tend to avoid speculating on trends or hold positions for too short a period, unless the stock has moved to a point whereby it is either not fundamentally good enough to hold or the priced has moved in a way that makes a partial liquidation sensible. I wish to be investing full time and I aim to stay the course for that.

So that's it, my very first post on my portfolio. Hope you like it and I look forward to share more moving forward. Comments and suggestions are most welcome! 

Happy Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. Nice allocation there. Pretty diversified in terms of industries and most of it looks like a growth dividend blue chip stocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B! Great to hear your views. Hope to learn more from you too :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Paul,

    Welcome to the blogging world and thanks for your sharing.

    Cheers,
    Farmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Farmer! Looking forward to hearing more about your portfolio too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your style, I too am a believer of staying focus and I try not to hold more than 10 stocks

    cheres

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Felix great to know you have a similarly strong conviction portfolio!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paul, how much dividends are the portfolio generating for you?

    ReplyDelete