Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 May 2015

May 2015 - Dividends

As with most investors, May has been a pretty bountiful month for me in terms of dividends. I have received dividend payouts for my following stocks:

1. Capitamall Trust - $81
2. ComfortDelgro - $180
3. Sembcorp Industries - $220

Furthermore, I have just received in the mail scrip dividend choices for both my OCBC and Raffles Medical shares. I have chosen to participate in the scrip reinvestment scheme for both these counters. I will share more on the details next month, when the dividend units have been reinvested.

If you refer to the following chart, the dividend payouts for both May and June are reflected in the highlighted red box.
Dividends for 2015


As part of my goal in transitioning to being a full-time investor, one of the important pillars in meeting this goal is of course having a strong and reliable source of dividend income. This must of course not come at the expense of either overpaying for a stock or looking purely for dividend yield and ignoring the fundamentals of the company. 

I strongly believe that fundamentals, business viability, strong moats, good dividend flow, stable and strong cashflow are all part of the overall package in determining a good business to invest in. 

Remember this saying: When we invest, we buy into a business. When we speculate, we buy into a stock. 

Dividends are just one of the eventual outcomes when you have spent quality time and effort in determining a good business to invest in. Hope the above advice resonates with you.

Signing off,
Transitioning Stock Investor

No comments:

Post a Comment