Powered By Blogger

Monday 25 May 2015

Stock Radar: Singtel

Recently, I have been looking to add unto my portfolio. I could do this in two ways:

1. Increase holdings in existing stock positions OR
2. Add a new stock position

I have contemplated adding on these following new positions

1. Silverlake Axis (Banking IT systems)
2. Kingsmen creative (Exhibition events planner)
3. Eu Yan Sang (TCM)
4. Dairy Farm (Supermarkets, etc)

After giving the above some thought, I held back adding to those positions as I did not find compelling reasons to add them at the current moment.

Singtel

Therefore, I looked at boosting my current portfolio. And Singtel re-appeared on my thoughts. The price has come down slightly recently and even with the talks about a fourth telco abuzz, I still feel that this counter is a solid one to hold, for the long term.

Source: Bloomberg
As I was typing this, I witnessed another person glued unto their smartphone again, surfing away.The latest results presentation by Singtel, reiterated that mobile data is projected to be one of their largest sources of revenue, with around close to a quarter of users exceeding their mobile data plan. This, with the fact that it is indeed a hassle to switch telecom contracts, presents Singtel a rather large business moat.
Having stable and good levels of dividends over time does help add to the investment cause as well.

These simple yet compelling reasons made perfect sense for an adding unto my Singtel position. I should be making the decision within the month or next, depending on how the market moves.

What do you guys think? Comments and discussion points are most welcome!

Signing off
Transitioning Stock Investor

No comments:

Post a Comment