Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 May 2015

First Post :)

Hi Guys,

This is my very first post on my newly setup blog on stock investing in Singapore. I am truly excited to share this passion with you all. 

On a professional level, I have been in the banking industry over the last 9 years and have covered roles like financial product sales, financial product compliance and now mutual fund advisory where I am responsible for writing fund research reports in a private bank. During the course of this career I have learnt a lot of valuable investing information in which I have found useful even in my personal investing capacity. This information ranged from using the typical stock valuation metrics and how to value stocks to due diligence questions like what are the truly important things to look out for when first investing in anything?

In my personal capacity, I have come across many different blogs relating to stock investing and I have also truly benefitted from reading them. 

So the question beckoned, how can I translate what I have learnt into something that I can share with others and also into something whereby I can let my passion manifest itself? The answer was simple and this blog was born. Setting up the blog was the easy part, thinking what to call it and what to write about was slightly more difficult. I asked myself many questions, why was I writing this and what was my eventual goal? 

After thinking about it for quite a while I formulated these objectives:

1. Being a Full Time investor 
- Currently, investing is just a part time affair and work is full time. My aim is to reverse this. So this means when I am able to be a full time stock investor and purse this passion on a full time basis & work can be part time ---> My goal would have been met.   
- Through this blog, I will also be sharing my personal stock portfolio and the growth of it over time. I also will be sharing how I aim to rely on my portfolio to reach my lifestyle and retirement goals (both through asset allocation and dividend income). 

2. Sharing and Learning
- In the course of meeting the first objective, there would be a lot of learning and sharing of knowledge and experience along the way. This would be from sharing useful information on this blog and learning from others as well. This is important as I strongly believe that learning is a life-long journey and should never stop. 

3. Benefitting Society and the Community
- This has been one of things I have always wanted to do, but due to my current professional capacity I am not able to better influence. And it is to give back to society and to benefit others, especially those who would like to invest and invest well but are not sure how to start and what to look out for. 
- As I was previously in a product due diligence role for 4 years, I am able to help articulate what the typical red flags to look out for when investing and effective risk management measures one should take even in a personal investing capacity. This knowledge, I will share intermittently as we blog along the way. So stay tuned.

So that's it. Abit lengthy, but it was great sharing the objectives of the blog. 

Now I hope you understand why I named my blog as such. Transitioning from Part to Full time investing is my dream and aspiration. I hope this blog benefits you in some way or another in our upcoming journey. 

Ok, lets start blogging!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Paul

    Welcome to the blogging community :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B! Appreciate it. Hope to share and learn from everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw I read your blog before and I found it extremely useful and intriguing. Added your blog link to my blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete