Powered By Blogger

Sunday 28 June 2015

Portfolio Update - June 2015

Good Sunday Morning Folks!

Today's an interesting day as I sum up my portfolio for June and share the recent developments for the month.

In terms of portfolio additions, as shared earlier in the month I have added 1 lot of Singtel at $4.13. Subsequently in early last week, I added another lot of Sembcorp Industries at an attractive price of $3.91. Overall, I'm quite glad with the prices I paid for both companies as I thankfully managed to capture the downside of the price curve for both stocks. I also now see a nice recovery in the price of Sembcorp and hopefully the price recovers even further.

In terms of portfolio subtractions, I took profit on 2 lots of ComfortDelgro just last Friday before the market closed, locking in a 18% (36% annualised) profit. This leaves my current holdings of the counter at 2 lots. I pondered extremely long over this decision and as can be seen I seldom try to take profits as I do hold my holdings over the LT. However, I do have some concerns on the overall market with the bubble in the Chinese 'A' share market + Greek talks I found that it was a good opportunity to take some money off the table especially as I had made some good percentage profits already. I continue to overweight this company and will definitely accumulate more in future on price dips (this also means I am still overweight transport as an industry and I seek to maintain that).

Finally, in terms of dividends it was a really good month for me as other than May & August, June sees the most dividend payouts as I saw dividend inflows from Mapletree Comm. Trust, Raffles Medical and OCBC (both of which I elected to receive dividends by DRIP).

Here's a summarised look of my holdings and dividend records and trends at the end of June 2015:
Transitioning Stock Investor - Portfolio Holdings June 2015



Transitioning Stock Investor - Portfolio Dividend Trends June 2015
*Note that future dividend trends are projected based on historical dividend payouts

I still love the look of my portfolio and struggle to find good companies to add unto it. As such my near-term strategy over the next 6 months is to continue to find good opportunities to add unto my current holdings and to increase my dividend stream consequently. That's it from me this weekend and have a great week ahead!

Signing Off
Transitioning Stock Investor




2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul,

    Thanks for sharing. Now the "Lot" has became smaller. Perhaps can use "No. of Shares"...

    Cheers,
    Farmer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point :) still used to using lots but thanks for that feedback

    ReplyDelete