Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 10 June 2015

Thoughts on the Market - 10 June 2015

Dear Friends,

Good wednesday afternoon! In the midst of the SEA Games which is being held in Singapore, our focus of course is still very much on the market.

In the recent market weakness, did any of you take the opportunity to add into your positions? I sure did, as shared in my previous posts, I was focussing on adding a position in Singtel and I did when the price suffered the recent correction. In Singapore we call this 'Lelong!'
Great stock at a cheaper price, so a lot was added. Really looking forward to its continued growth in the 4G space as well as its Digital Life offerings. Dividends galore!

Although my portfolio took a hit overall I was not worried much as I knew that I was invested for the long run. In fact I was pretty excited as I saw many great stocks trading at a lower price for the taking. Today, the market has recovered strongly and my portfolio's performance is looking nice. 

Always remember, buy on dips and do not be afraid to add unto quality positions. Market dips are just a test of your patience and the conviction of the portfolio you have built over time. Those who have passed this small test, kudos to you! 

Signing off
Transitioning Stock Investor

No comments:

Post a Comment