Powered By Blogger

Saturday 13 June 2015

Portfolio Update

A quick update on my portfolio. As shared previously 1 lot of Singtel shares was added earlier this week. And the market subsequently recovered strongly after that, so that was a rather good call in terms of timing.

Nevertheless, at this mid-point stage in the year, my overall portfolio is looking in rather good shape. There was some recent volatility but with a long term view, volatile markets always represent opportunities rather than risks. 

Quick commentary on some of my holdings and what transpired over the last week months:

1. Raffles Medical - Obviously, a strong catalyst for the recent share price strength was the news of its expansion in Shanghai and the collaboration on a hospital there. None withstanding this piece of news, I continue to expect strong organic growth from the business, especially in Singapore. I visited the sites that are being developed at both Bugis and HV recently and I was very impressed with the locality and scale of the projects. I also was impressed at the potential synergies that will be provided by these two developments in the healthcare industry moving forward. I will continue to add positions when there are price dips.

2. Singtel - As shared, a lot was recently added at $4.13. That was a very good price point as the share price has rallied towards the end of the week. Again, the scale that Singtel has, coupled with the heavy reliance on telecoms gives me strong conviction in owning this quality holding.

3. Mapletree Commercial Trust - Now, this is a stock that I currently have only 2 lots in. I will most probably add a couple more lots soon. Just go visit Vivocity over the weekend and you will immediately see why I have a strong conviction on this stock. The other holdings in the REIT are also quality ones, that span nicely across the south-central part of Singapore. That being said, Vivocity is the obvious jewel in the crown and I continue to love this mall and that is the main reason why I would be adding positions soon. (Not forgetting that this is a 'DRIP' applicable stock).

I will be writing more about the other positions I have in my portfolio in due course. I would love to hear from you as well and what other stocks interest you at the current moment. Keep those posts coming in!

Signing Off
Transitioning Stock Investor

3 comments:

  1. Hi Paul

    Congrats on your purchase on accumulating Singtel.

    Your portfolio looks very solid in terms of the dividends and growth stories. I might add a bank into my portfolio at the right time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks B. Yeah the bank stocks are looking quite fairly priced now, so it may not be a bad idea to add a couple. Let me know when you do!

      Delete
    2. Since Jun 2015, they now look even fairer!? *grin*

      Delete